ArkLaTex courthouse celebrates 105th birthday | Community Spirit
The Little River County Courthouse in Ashdown, Arkansas celebrated 105 years of operation Thursday.
Hundreds of Little River County residents gathered to celebrate at the courthouse including Former Arkansas Senator Barbara Horn. "We take a lot of pride in Little River County, " says Horn.
The courthouse lawn was transformed into a carnival with music, food and other vendors.
Georgia Hopkins says she has lived in the area for more than 70 years. "I like to be a part of everything we have in Ashdown because I have been here all my life and I just thank god for being able to go," says Hopkins.
93-year-old Mildred Kanankis says she has noticed the changes over the years in Little River County. "There is a lot of improvement that have been made. I have seen the trees that have come up and the lighting that has come up which is very, very great," says Kanankis.
In addition to the courthouse being 105-years-old, the Little River County is 145-years-old.
Copyright 2012 KSLA. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Southwest Arkansas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference