Man jailed after fight with son led to stabbing | Crime
A fight Wednesday night in Hope ended with one man going to jail and his son going to the hospital.
Hope, AR Police say they got a call about 6:45 p.m. about a disturbance in the 700 block of Park Drive. Once there, officers learned that 67-year-old John Robinson and his son, 35-year-old Stacy Robinson got into some type of physical altercation. During the fight, police say Stacy Robinson was stabbed twice in the back.
Police arrested the elder Robinson on a charge of 2nd degree domestic battery and was taken to the Hempstead County Jail. His son was treated and released from the hospital.
Top Southwest Arkansas Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 1,000 volunteers expected in Longview to build neighborhood houses
- Marshall resident places his own twist on popular Second Saturday event
- Storms shed light on Hallsville’s lack of warning system
- Texas considering bill to expand free breakfast program
- Main Street Mount Pleasant, Texas celebrates 20 years