AR work release inmate charged with sexual assault | Crime
TEXARKANA, AR (KSLA) - An inmate with the Arkansas Department of Corrections, who was on unsupervised work release, was arrested Monday for allegedly sexually assaulting a 17-year-old.
According to Texarkana, Arkansas the victim told them the assault happened earlier Monday and upon questioning the victim, Jamie Steven Ditcharo, 35 was identifed as the alleged assailant. Investigators say Ditcharo was employed at the victim's apartment complex as the on-site maintenance person.
Ditcharo was charged with sexual assault. Police say he is already considered a habitual offender and is currently serving a 288 month sentence for residential burglary, robbery, possesion of a firearm and theft of property.
The bond for Ditcharo on the sexual assault charge was set at $100,000.
Copyright KSLA-TV 2011. All rights reserved.
Top Southwest Arkansas Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 1,000 volunteers expected in Longview to build neighborhood houses
- Marshall resident places his own twist on popular Second Saturday event
- Storms shed light on Hallsville’s lack of warning system
- Texas considering bill to expand free breakfast program
- Main Street Mount Pleasant, Texas celebrates 20 years