Tentative agreement reached in Cooper Tire labor contract | News
TEXARKANA, AR (KSLA)-
Union workers at the Cooper Tire plant in Texarkana, AR have reached a tentative agreement on a new contract.
The largest employer in Texarkana, AR had until midnight to work it out. There are about 1,500 union employees at the Texarkana plant.
Members say they were working under a contract negotiated back in 2008, when they say employees made several concessions to Cooper Tire.
Last November, union members at Cooper's Findley, Ohio plant were locked out when they refused to sign their contract.
The details of the tentative agreement were not released as of late Thursday night.
A Union representative says members will vote on it this weekend, time and location to be announced. If the contract wins approval, they say work will continue toward a permanent agreement.
Copyright KSLA 2012. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Southwest Arkansas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference