New contract signed for Cooper Tire and Rubber Company employees | News
TEXARKANA, AR (KSLA)-Cooper Tire employees signed a new contract after voting on the agreement Thursday night.
Union workers met at Cooper Union Hall and agreed on the new contract in a 1,006 to 141 vote.
Union officials say they are waiting on the final approval of the four-year contract from the national union that will include an annual pay raise for the plant workers.
"This is the best contract in the industry right now. We do have increases. The ones who were hired prior to January 2009 will get an increase of $1200 wage increase the first year $1200, the second year a $1000 the third year and a $1000 the fourth year," said United Steel Workers President David Boone on Wednesday.
Vote set for new contract for Cooper Tire employees
Cooper Tire and Rubber Company union members hold picket
Cooper Tire employees awaiting word on contract negotiations
Tentative agreement reached in Cooper Tire labor contract
Copyright 2012 KSLA. All rights reserved.
Top Southwest Arkansas Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 1,000 volunteers expected in Longview to build neighborhood houses
- Marshall resident places his own twist on popular Second Saturday event
- Storms shed light on Hallsville’s lack of warning system
- Texas considering bill to expand free breakfast program
- Main Street Mount Pleasant, Texas celebrates 20 years