New contract signed for Cooper Tire and Rubber Company employees | News
TEXARKANA, AR (KSLA)-Cooper Tire employees signed a new contract after voting on the agreement Thursday night.
Union workers met at Cooper Union Hall and agreed on the new contract in a 1,006 to 141 vote.
Union officials say they are waiting on the final approval of the four-year contract from the national union that will include an annual pay raise for the plant workers.
"This is the best contract in the industry right now. We do have increases. The ones who were hired prior to January 2009 will get an increase of $1200 wage increase the first year $1200, the second year a $1000 the third year and a $1000 the fourth year," said United Steel Workers President David Boone on Wednesday.
Vote set for new contract for Cooper Tire employees
Cooper Tire and Rubber Company union members hold picket
Cooper Tire employees awaiting word on contract negotiations
Tentative agreement reached in Cooper Tire labor contract
Copyright 2012 KSLA. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Southwest Arkansas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference