77 yr. old woman found dead inside AR home | News
COLUMBIA COUNTY, AR (KSLA)- An early morning house fire claimed the life of a 77-year-old McNeil, Arkansas woman Monday morning, according to Arkansas fire officials.
The fire reportedly broke out shortly after 1 a.m. Columbia County, Arkansas Sheriff, Mike Loe says McNeil Volunteer Firefighters were not able to reach Betty Sanders, 77 and she was not able to escape the flames and as a result died inside the home.
Chief Loe also confirmed that at least one volunteer fire chief was taken to Magnolia Regional Medical Center for treatment of smoke inhalation, but was expected to be okay.
Fire investigators have not determined an exact cause of the fire. The investigation is ongoing.
Copyright KSLA-TV 2012. All rights reserved.
Top Southwest Arkansas Stories
Upcoming Events near Southwest Arkansas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 1,000 volunteers expected in Longview to build neighborhood houses
- Marshall resident places his own twist on popular Second Saturday event
- Storms shed light on Hallsville’s lack of warning system
- Texas considering bill to expand free breakfast program
- Main Street Mount Pleasant, Texas celebrates 20 years