77 yr. old woman found dead inside AR home | News
COLUMBIA COUNTY, AR (KSLA)- An early morning house fire claimed the life of a 77-year-old McNeil, Arkansas woman Monday morning, according to Arkansas fire officials.
The fire reportedly broke out shortly after 1 a.m. Columbia County, Arkansas Sheriff, Mike Loe says McNeil Volunteer Firefighters were not able to reach Betty Sanders, 77 and she was not able to escape the flames and as a result died inside the home.
Chief Loe also confirmed that at least one volunteer fire chief was taken to Magnolia Regional Medical Center for treatment of smoke inhalation, but was expected to be okay.
Fire investigators have not determined an exact cause of the fire. The investigation is ongoing.
Copyright KSLA-TV 2012. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Southwest Arkansas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference